Re: [LUG] Official response on OpenSource in Devon

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 08:36 +0000, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Information request reference: 101000195219
>
> Thankyou for your request for information.  You asked for information
> regarding a review of Microsoft Office software used by Devon County
> Council, linked to efficiency.  I am able to provide the following
> response:
What are the terms of the review. Surely there must also be a review of
other components of a working system for the Council. What about the
servers and thin clients? How do the other Councils operate with
GNU/Linux?

If they confine their review to MSO surely they may well overlook many
vital issues which would change the review drastically? Have they agreed
to look at the European experience with GNU/Linux?

Interesting the Swedish Police move to GNU/Linux and the Scottish
migration back. Was it communication with the rest of the UK that was a
problem?

I am about to write to various Cornwall Councillors on the matter. It
would be useful to have some parameters from you good folks to raise.
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk