Re: [LUG] Asus Eeeeeeeeee review

Simon Williams wrote:

> 4 hours is pretty good for a standard battery by current standards,
> though I agree they should have done better. Is it possible to get
> physically larger, extended batteries for this like it is for most other
> laptops?
>
> If the power issues are fixed I will probably buy one

I've got to say, I'm impressed from what the reviews say.

I have reservations about the screen resolution, but it is good to see
manufacturers taking GNU/Linux seriously as an end user operating system
AND making everything work out of the box AND innovating with flash
storage WHILST keeping the price rock bottom.

Clearly there will be some smoothing of the edges on this device, the
review mentions shipping without the video version of Skype which I
guess is because it was in beta at the time.

That said I'm not sure at the market positioning. The one that leaps to
mind is school kids, who'd no doubt like something meatier but don't
want anything that is too valuable in their bags. I can see them being
attractive to folks who don't need it at the Office (have their own
Office), but are travelling a lot, but is that a very big market?

Funny how very small laptops seem to have their fashions. When I worked
in Surrey the Libretto was the thing to have (as my colleagues were all
buying them cheap from Singapore).