Re: [LUG] OT: Help!

Rob Beard wrote:
> Michael Mortimore wrote:
>> have you tried complaining to your electicity supplier? I think in
>> cases like this they (or maybe wpd) repair/replace damaged kit.
>>

> Ahh thats worth a try.  I'll give them a call to complain I think.

The moral of the story is when you have a power cut always, always
switch off the mains fuses or at the very least unplug sensitive
devices. It's inevitable that you are going to get flickering especially
if there is a major fault.

That said, if there are going to be any spikes that bad the electricity
supplier should have dealt with them (there's always the possibility
that you are out when the power goes off).

Did you have a surge protector? I buy belkin ones which all come with a
lifetime warranty on connected equipment.