[LUG] OT: Help!

Hi folks,

This is a long shot but I thought I'd ask...

Last night we had a bit of a power cut in my local area.  Not sure why
but it only affected about 5 houses in the street.  Anyway, whilst I was
enjoying reading the latest Linux Format by candle light the power
flickered on a couple of times, it was a bit like if a light switch was
switched on really quickly, and it made the lights go very bright.

After the power was restored I checked my PC (which was set in the BIOS
to turn itself on after a power failure).  It turns out my PC won't
start up.

Now the problem is, my PC has an old Athlon 64 3000+ with Socket 754
motherboard installed.  I haven't got another board or chip which is
compatible (nearest thing I have is an Athlon XP or Celeron 2.4).  I was
wondering if anyone (ideally near the Torbay or Exeter areas) possibly
has a spare board or CPU that they would be interested in selling cheap,
or if they have a spare board or CPU that they could test my CPU and
motherboard with? (I'm happy to travel :-).  I'd be really grateful if
someone could possibly help.

Ta,

Rob