Re: [LUG] Qemu Windows XP

peter wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 11:59 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
>

>> Have you used the command -cdrom /dev/cdrom on the qemu command line?
>>

> Hi Rob
>
> Thanks for your reply, yes I started windows with
>
>  qemu -hda c.img -m 256
>
> Then once windows was up and running did a
>
> -cdrom /dev/cdrom
>
> It still asks me to insert a CD when I click on the CD icon.
>
> Peter

Hmm, if that didn't work then I'm a bit stumped.  I generally only use
QEMU with ISO images.  I wonder if you have to unmount the CD so QEMU
can get control?  (although I would presume since it's a read only
medium then multiple programs can read from /dev/cdrom).  Another thing
you might be worth checking, do you actually have an entry called cdrom
in dev, and do you have permission to access it directly? (again, I
suppose you may have permissions to it if it works in Ubuntu).

Rob