Re: [LUG] Qemu Windows XP

On Nov 12, 2007 3:01 PM, peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 11:59 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
>

> > Have you used the command -cdrom /dev/cdrom on the qemu command line?
> >
> Hi Rob
>
> Thanks for your reply, yes I started windows with
>
>  qemu -hda c.img -m 256
>
> Then once windows was up and running did a
>
> -cdrom /dev/cdrom
>
> It still asks me to insert a CD when I click on the CD icon.

The cd must be inserted and mounted under *nix before starting qemu.
You can also mount iso9660 images in the same way. I didn't seem to be
able to dynamically switch cdroms when running i had to have the one i
wanted mounted and fed to qemu via the above parameter. The only other
way is to run samba and share the cdrom as a samba share then access
it in windows as a network share. But the networking can be kind of
hairy sometimes.

Robin