Re: [LUG] XCOPY was OT: Why oh why windows at work? . . . File copying

Paul Sutton wrote:
> xcopy is great it got me out of a sticky situation once where Windows 98
> was asking for the Windows cd to load the cd driver in order for it to
> install the driver to read the cdrom.
>
> I used xcopy to copy the cd to the hard disk then told windows to look
> there, it was  happy after that.
>
> Paul

Yep, good old XCOPY.  Robocopy is pretty good too.  I wish I could find
something for Windows (command line!) that I could specify how much
bandwidth to use (Robocopy just doesn't to it exactly how I want it to).

It would be really handy for when I'm copying things between
servers/sites at work.  At the moment I dump whatever I want to copy
onto my handy Linux box and then use wget at the remote end to download
whatever it is from the Apache server on my Linux box (and that way I
can specify bandwidth used and also restart copying if it fails for some
reason).

Rob