Re: [LUG] OT: VMS 30 today

Quoting Clare Shepherd <clareeshepherd@xxxxxxx>:

> Where I worked we had a systems guy who hated "pretty", saying it was
> inefficient. I've always iked a nice GUI but there is something to be
> said for the old spare efficient methods, Maybe we'll go back to that
> if the energy gets scarce. Who knows? I am fascinated by some of the
> old software & hardware, I suppose it's my age, sob, sob, sniffle.
>
> Clare (in her 60s)
> Clare

Oh I don't know, I'm in my late 20's (29) and I love the old
technology.  When I was growing up I only got to see a handful of
machines but I was really interested in anything computer related.
Now much to my other half's annoyance I'm collect old computers (well
I say collect, I buy them at car boot sales or off e-Bay if they're
local and can sneak them in).  In my selection of old machines I have
a working VIC20 without a tape deck, an Acorn Electron, a 48k
Spectrum+ without a power supply, a ZX81 16k ram pack and a couple of
old consoles.

As much as I like emulation I'd love to play with the actual real hardware.

Rob