[LUG] OT: Health & Safety (Was Re: F.A.S.T.)

Rob Beard wrote:
> Before I left I did my back in due to lack of Health & Safety training
> which I thought was a bit ironic.  Still feeling the effects of it now.
>
> Oh well.
>
> Rob
I always found it odd that there is no Heath & Safety guideline for use
of headsets in callcentres.  They advise eye checks for computer use,
but not hearing checks (which you need after the Nth idiot has given you
his *FAX* number to call him back on!).  I looked for it once when one
of my team complained his hearing had definitely deteriorated since
starting to work for us.

Maybe it's changed now, but last time I looked that was the case.

Kind regards,

Julian