Re: [LUG] GnuCashConverters

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007 13:47, Ben Goodger wrote:
>> On 31/10/2007, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Having gone blind using my computer - gnucash accounts this time - I need
>>> convert them to something the 'real' world can use.
>>> I've tried GnuCashtoQif which seems to work for a QIF file which you can
>>> headbut into KMyMoney OK but not sure my accountant is reading it
>>> properly...
>>> Anyone know of other converters to other formats?
>> I'll preinterrupt Neil's rambling rant about QIF: it's bloody awful.
>> What exactly is wrong with GnuCash today?
> My accountant doesnt use it!
> Tom te tom te tom

Mine neither, I was hoping at least it would be able to export to
something Excel could read.    From speaking to others it does seem the
best way to do things is to run something using wine.  The bank keeps
offering me Sage, anyone had any experience using this with wine?

My girlfriend who is an accountant, seems to imply that most small
practice accountants can handle Sage.  But I have been wrong about what
she has implied before!