[LUG] Laptop & wirless config

Hi all

        I have just installed FC7 on an Amilo A1645 laptop for an Apple friend
who just ditched the installed WinXP.

        I cant get the onboard bcm43xx wirless to connect to a network even
though the firmware is installed ok and the output from iwscan gives the
network name I want to attach to but putting in the Config in iwconfig
the ifconfig wlan0 up gets nothing?

Dmesg gives an ok loaded driver, lsmod shows the module loaded.

In desperation I have a new boxed Belkin pcmcia card which also gets
seen by hotplug but I am unable to configure.

        Any ideas or better still some feedback as to which pcmcia cards work
with kernels 21 or above

Thanks
Kevin.

--