[LUG] EEPROM chips

Hi folks,

I was hoping that someone on the list might have a bit of knowledge of
EEPROM chips and could help with a query.

Basically what I'm trying to do is get a Etherboot ROM for a Realtek
8139 network card.  The card has a 28-pin socket (I think it's a DIL
socket? - it's rectangle with two strips of 14 holes on each side).

Now I've been reading up that using a utility such as Uniflash, it's
possible to program an EEPROM with a ROM image.

The thing is, I don't know much about EEPROM chips.  I know they come in
different sizes and with different numbers of pins but that's about it.

Does anyone possibly have any idea where I could either get a suitable
EEPROM chip from (I've tried CPC and Maplin but not knowing what I'm
looking for I'm a bit stumped), or alternatively where I can get a
couple of pre-programmed Etherboot EEPROM chips?

Ta,

Rob