Re: [LUG] Replace Exchange with Linux (without even noticing!)

On Thursday 18 October 2007 08:00, James Wonnacott wrote:
> luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Posted by "Luke Tudor" <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Im fairly new to the D&C Linux group, so hello to you all! I have been
> > reading the mailings with great interest, and I would like to get more
> > involved.
> >
> > I would like to give a talk on how to replace Windows Exchange in
> > small-medium sized businesses with a linux alternative.
> >
> > This alternative offers all the features of Exchange, including outlook
> > compatibility, Push for Windows Pocket PCs or Blackberry devices, and
> > webaccess.
> >
> > Benefits are reduced cost, greater stability, and the requirement for
> > less powerful server investment.
> >
> > If you're interested please let me know, and if there's enough interest I
> > will try to find a venue where we can meet.
> >
> > You can email me at luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Nice talking to you all!
> > Cheers,
> > Luke Tudor
> > --
> > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >
> > Generated by the contributors page
> > in the members area at D+C GLUG
> > http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php
> > webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I'd certainly be interested having just had exchange forced on me at
> work :(.
>
> James
I know this is asking a bit much but what I'd like to see is a sort of
distributed setup:
I have several machines for playing with different things and often only one
is on at a time.
Can we exchange exchange for something that would allow any one of the
machines to effectively be master and send/receive and rsync or whatever to
the others when they're on.
Its a bit like sub-clustering as I want to run different distributions but be
able to use my email/diary from any of them....
Be a great solution for an SME as no backup downtime etc....
Tom te tom te tom