Re: [LUG] BBC IPlayer - A U-Turn ?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:03:45PM +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> Clare Shepherd wrote:
> >
> > On 16 Oct 2007, at 10:33, Tom Potts wrote:
> >
> >>  more MAC graphic lovies
> >>

> > OOo, get you Tom. As for the BBC player, it's good that it's cross
> > platform, but it's the same old telly dreck. so I don't think I'll be
> > bunging up my HD. However, it just shows , if enough people kick up,
> > stuff happens.
> > Clare
> >

> By the sounds of things you won't be able to bung up your HD yet as it's
> flash video (think Youtube) which is streamed.  Not something you can
> download and keep for a week.

videodownloader.net, or there was a firefox plugin I forget the name of.
Unplugger, maybe?

If the data is going to your computer, it's extremely difficult for the server
to stop you doing whatever you want with it. There have been programs for years
that will take streamed audio or video and save it to a file instead of
displaying it straight away.

It's probably an improvement over the iplayer, in fact, since flash video is
fairly easy to convert, unlike whatever they're likely to be using.

--
Benjamin A'Lee <bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/