Re: [LUG] One ISP or more?

Quoting Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Some questions that I have been asked recently made me wonder, is my
> set-up unusual?
>
> I use one ISP for broadband only.
>
> I use a different one for email
>
> and another one for my website. I use this one for email as well so
> that if one fails I can use the other one.
>
> Of course, each ISP does provide broadband, email and provision for my
> own website, so I could use just one for everything. However I feel
> that it makes it easier for changes. (For example I could move to a
> different broadband provider without causing any changes to my email
> address or my website.)
>
> I won't go into how all this happened, but it is the position I am in
> now. I am just wondering if this is unusual or if many lug members are
> set up in a similar way. Just curious.
>
> Neil Winchurst

After the amount of changing of ISP's I've done over the past couple
of years I've found it easier to use an external provider for e-mail
and web space.  Not to mention I never had much joy with the likes of
Freeserve, when I setup a fresh new account with them using a unique
username I started getting spam straight away.

Rob