Re: [LUG] and yet another reason not to use PDF's

On 09/10/2007, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/08/adobe-confesses-pdf-backdoor
reinventing the wheel reinvents punctures, failed breaks, skidding etc etc
unless microsoft do it - they take a square wheel and turn it into a triangle
- one less bump!

This is not a reason not to use PDF.
Adobe Reader is a bloated, awful program, which is why we have libPoppler. Please leave the portable document format alone, it's done nothing wrong --- and before you start blathering about document resizing and such, I want my typeblocks to all the be same size. I certainly don't want to allow other people's software the choice of misrendering my books, or I'd use OpenDocument.

--
Benjamin F. Goodger
~ design and ideas lab ~