Re: [LUG] please take this and have 5 years in jail!

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 09:50 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> Dave Berkeley wrote:
> >
> > Tor anyone?
>
> Please no - freenet anyone?

Yes please!  I run freenet, and am also in the process of developing a
fast, event-based java client.  The only thing is that I just connect to
people on the net that I don't know.  This is next to useless as the
routing assumes that nodes are connected in a small world network (as
social contacts), but I don't have any geeky friends who are into
setting up nodes.

I'd be excited to establish a DCLUG darknet using freenet, on the
gentleman's agreement that it wouldn't be used for nefarious purposes.

Freenet is a very exciting, anonymous, distributed and robust content
distribution system which incorporates plausible deniability.  Find out
more at their web site:

http://freenetproject.org/