Re: [LUG] Long-distance printing

Paul Sutton wrote:
>> If it's of interest I've just done an install of a Brother network
>> printer

> I agree,  I have a brother dcp310cn,  and it works great,   plus the
> scanner also works fine not that I scan much,   This is another reason
> to put gnu/linux on any registration card and give brother feedback on
> their Linux drivers,  if they are willing to produce drivers ten as end
> users we need to help them by giving feedback.

Yes, definately.

> I have also  found compatable ink for about £2.50, even though to be
> honest the original ink is reasonably priced,  unlike for other printers
> where you can pay £20 for a single cartridge (but thats a different
> issue).

Don't get me started there... Weight for weight more expensive than
gold, apparently.

This is the first Brother printer I've used and I'm genuinely impressed.
Canon, Epson and Lexmark are all right off my christmas card list for
various reason and HP are only just hanging in there, most because of
fond memories of the original Deskjet - one of which I've still got
running doing stock letters from one of my servers.

--
Simon Avery