Re: [LUG] Long-distance printing

Simon Avery wrote:
> Sorry for thread breaking but I've already deleted the original post.
>
> If it's of interest I've just done an install of a Brother network
> printer - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/80071 - £76 inc vat.
>
> It comes with Windows and Mac drivers and a quick google spoke very
> highly of Brother's commitment to linux and that they've got their own
> binary drivers.  I haven't tried it under linux myself but I've no
> reason to think it wouldn't work, and there's reports of full and easy
> operation of scan/fax/print over the network too.

I agree,  I have a brother dcp310cn,  and it works great,   plus the
scanner also works fine not that I scan much,   This is another reason
to put gnu/linux on any registration card and give brother feedback on
their Linux drivers,  if they are willing to produce drivers ten as end
users we need to help them by giving feedback.

I have also  found compatable ink for about £2.50, even though to be
honest the original ink is reasonably priced,  unlike for other printers
where you can pay £20 for a single cartridge (but thats a different
issue).

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

20th October 2007 - Lug clustering meeting.
18th October 2007 - Ubuntu 7.10 release date
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet

details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.

visit us on IRC - irc.phractured.net / 6667 #dclug