Re: [LUG] Power consumption figures

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 09:19:36AM +0100, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> On 10/1/07, Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Referring back to some earlier posts:
> > So by deduction
> >     17" LCD display     30W
> >     UPS                 39W
> >     PC                   3W
>
> Are PC and UPS the correct way around here, that seems like a very low
> power PC and a very wasteful UPS.

Will cross check later next time I turn the machine off. Yes I agree the figures do
look odd, and I would have expected a power consumption for the PC of at least 20W
but the only web figures I have seen are as follows

http://www.dansdata.com/m10000.htm
http://www.icp-epia.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=85

I have the EPIA M (no numbers just the basic model): I would not like to play games
with it but for simple office type work, it seems about as fast or faster than a new
DELL loaded with Vista.

My partner has an Athlon 2800: power consumption on that is 60W when idle. But then
if takes me about an hour to rip a CD, it takes her 5 minutes.

--
Henry
Mon Oct  1 11:08:50 BST 2007