Re: [LUG] resume of plans and to do's for Penzance meetings

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 19:59 +0100, Mark Jose wrote:

> James - I have used Compiz, and occasionally turn it on for demonstration on
> my main system, but it isn't on the laptop. I don't feel confident to
> demonstrate all the features of that really. I don't mind showing it if we
> can get a machine to run it on.
Stephen Roddda is fine about us installing stuff - he will provide us
with blank hard disks in his machines! What we show depends on what the
needs are. There will probably be most new. But there might be some
wanting more, perhaps because we are together, might want to join. In
any case, once people get introduced, hopefully they will run from
there.
> I may have a few other distros I can bring along - stuff like Debian Sarge,
> DSL and a few others. Basically, I will bring whatever I can find here :)
Excellent. I'd like to see Debian and DSL. Perhaps I can ask Stephen to
lend us an old machine for DSL?
> Shall I bring some blank disks too?
Yes please. Stephen will copy what we want. I presume we can put some distros at
least on to cds.
--
James Kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk