Re: [LUG] rsync.net and offsite backups

Benjamin A'Lee wrote:

> According to the technical report
> (/usr/share/doc/rsync/tech_report.tex.gz)

Yes - rsync does the right thing. We use it for massive back-ups. Debian
uses it for syncing mirrors of 10's of GB of data on a routine bases,
some of which is rapidly changing.

Although when we were playing with Debian mirrors we did stress bits of
rsync a little I seem to recall, but it is solid stuff.

Compared to robosync for NTFS... no it doesn't even compare, rsync just
works.

Another strange tool of this ilk is rdiff, for syncing up big files
efficiently.

 Simon