Re: [LUG] AMD releases specs

On 13/09/2007, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ben Goodger wrote:
> http://www.x.org/docs/AMD/
>
> I am never going to buy NVIDIA again.
> Well, not until they release their specs also...

Thats good.  Shame the site seems to be down at the moment.  Guess these
specs are popular?

Hell yes. They were slashdotted some time ago...
Word is we have an NDA'd GPL driver for modern ATi cards already developed and ready for release now that we have open specs. Additionally, AMD apparently will be giving some developer time to this.

Evidently someone has woken up to the effect of nerds on the market.

--
Benjamin F. Goodger
~ design and ideas lab ~