[LUG] Penzance Day and U7.04

--- James Kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 10:43 -0700, Viv Griffin
> wrote:
> > We can bring our desktop (on the 11th November
> session - we can't make
> > the other one). That has VMWare installed and I
> could install various
> > distros
> Thanks Viv
>
> I look forward to meeting you.
> --
> James Kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk
>
> Me too James. Another suggestion. I have been having
a look at Kai Hendry's Web Converger. It was mentioned
in the most recent "Linux Format". Last year some
friends of ours who run a B&B in Devon asked us to set
up a computer for them so, that they could offer
guests internet access but, with no risk of virus
infection. We removed a hard drive from an old machine
and set up it up with DSL running from a CD, for them
to use. However, Web Converger seems like a better
solution to this and can be customised with the
business home page, logo etc. If Hotel and B&B
managers attend the Penzance sessions, they may be
interested in seeing a customised version of Web
Converger that they could use for this purpose ?

Viv