Re: [LUG] ooxml and explanations

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> I would also make it clear the proprietary formats don't garuntee that
> you'll always be able to read documents produced in it: if Microsoft
> decided to end support for .doc

that would really screw anyone up whos spend hours putting together a
time capsule to be dug up in 100  years time,  as people then won't have
the ability to read the files,  where as with open formats,  the spec
can be included in plain asc text,  so computers in 100 years can
perhaps still read these open format files.

Paul

>> --

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

15th September 2007 - Software Freedom Day
20th October 2007 - Lug clustering meeting.
18th October 2007 - Ubuntu 7.10 release date
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet

details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.

visit us on IRC - irc.phractured.net / 6667 #dclug