Re: [LUG] Latex Again

On 9/4/07, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ^{33}_{17}Cl^{16}\xrightarrow{n,n}~^{31}_{15}P^{16 }+~^4_2He^2
[...]
> I think there is some incompatability with the code they have presented
> and my interpreter,  either that or some plugin is not there,   odd
> thing is it produces the right out put,  just not sure what is causing
> the errors,

I think the problem is with the ^{33} at the beginning of the line. It
tells the LaTeX interpreter to put the 33 as an exponent of the
previous character, but there is no such character. You don't want a
character there, of course, but it still expects something. The
solution is to put a \mbox{} there, which puts an empty box there,
which doesn't make any difference to the output, but for the
interpreter is still different to nothing. And I think the same should
be applied, of course, with the other two 'floating' exponent.

You line then becomes (without testing):

\mbox{}^{33}_{17}Cl^{16}\xrightarrow{n,n}~\mbox{}^{31}_{15}P^{16
}+~\mbox{}^4_2He^2

HTH.

Martijn.