[LUG] Dear DCLUG, Open Source Consortium Committee Meeting

Dear All,

I'm the SW Area Rep for the OSC and am attending a committee meeting
next Monday.

http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/

The OSC has been very vocal with regards to the BBC iPlayer issue, along
with the Free Software Foundation.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/02/fsf_bbc_protest/

So, if you have anything you want raising - please run it past me.

Cheers,

Mark Cross
--
078 551 291 42

What is the OSC?

The Open Source Consortium (OSC) represents the Open Source business
community in the UK. We currently have over 80 members - more than any
other FOSS business consortium in Europe.

As a not-for-profit organisation, we guarantee the quality of Open
Source deployments by setting professional standards and bonding our
members. In doing so our aim is to help our members win more business
within the UK's public and private sectors.

Membership of the OSC is open to organisations with a proven commitment
to providing high-quality, enterprise-ready IT solutions based on Open
Source components.