[LUG] was supercomputers...

I doubt if I can make the supercomputer day - whats that sighing sound?
However it does intrigue me and its worth seriously looking into what you can
do on the day.....
Someone mentioned folding - I dont think they've got a clustering version but
you may be able to compile it for whatever cluster you set up. Otherwise you
will just be running it as we are as a group.
My first experiments with 'clustering' involved POV ray tracer for a small
animation. I cant find the full detail but it was outlined pretty well in the
one of the original how to build a beowulf cluster books. If I can find it
I'll let someone borrow it but its may be out of date a bit though the
concepts are there.
Basically you design an animation and then each frame is processed by a
different computer and then sent back and the animation constructed.
This looks quite flash and can be modified to work on different power
computers - ie even that old 386 can join in. Some clustering require nearly
identical nodes to work which is a bit wasteful.
http://www.tjhsst.edu/~dhyatt/supercomp/p501.html seems to be  a more up to
date take on this.
Have fun and wow em
Tom te tom te tom