Re: [LUG] USB EXTERNAL HARDDRIVES IN LINUX

Robin Cornelius wrote:

> They should *just* work, they should present themselves as usb mass
> storage devices. Of cause if you have usb issues and can't get usb 2
> working it will be a bit of a dog but thats not the fault of the drive.

A client of mine uses one to transfer large volumes of data for a
service they're developing to a colo server.  It "just works".  The only
issue we had setting it up was that the USB port wouldn't provide enough
power to run the disk and an external PSU was required.

James