Re: [LUG] OT: Need new CPU

On 01/09/07, Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It appears (after much frustration, a new mobo, several sticks of ram
and countless hours, days, weeks and even months later!) that the Duron
1100 CPU in my server is broken. Oh I love Linux- messages such as
'error in CPU0' are so helpful in narrowing down faults.

So, has anyone got a known working AMD CPU spare? (Anything between 1
and 1.5 Gigs). I'll pay whatever is sensible.

I have a socket A AXP-2400+ that you can have for free, given that I'll never be able to sell it. There is a similarly unsaleable mobo attached. Not sure whether this is applicable but I know they're compatible...

--
Ben Goodger

B.F. Goodger, Age 16½