Re: [LUG] Geocaching and WebCams

On 27 Aug 2007, at 09:06, Tom Potts wrote:

>> other areas. And around here in Devon there must be many beautiful
>> places that I have never found away from Dartmoor.
> Your not joking - I was just up at my polytunnel and looking away
> from it all
> was lovely! And a barn owl dropped out of a tree branch not 2 foot
> (less than
> a meter for the duodecimally challenged) from my head!
> Anyone know of a wireless webcam with remote control - so I can
> watch the poor
> bird without it pelleting itself?
> Tom te tom te tom
>

> --

I agree entirely. I was at Occombe Farm meadows this afternoon
watching a buzzard and a raven scrapping. The buzzard won. he flew
upside down and struck upwards at the raven who last the odd feather
and then beat it.

I'd like to use GPRS on a Panasonic Toughbook for next  year's botany
season. It can be preinstalled on the machine using XP. However, as
I've spent the summer investigating Macs, Linux and Unix, I'd like to
install Ubuntu  on it. The snag is I shall need GPRS. Is there any
work being done on porting it to Linux? I'd really like to not to
have to use Windows, particularly Vista.
Clare