Re: [LUG] bulk resize of photos - related to previouis post of licenses

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Paul Sutton wrote:

> On a related note,  anyone got suggestions for how to bulk reduce a set
> of photos, to a smaller size, (as in actual file size) or what image
> format is good,  my camera saves to jpeg,  avg size is 2.9 mb,   I have
> uploaded some but they are quite large,  in size.

What about using

anytopnm | pnmscale | pnmtopng

or some other application of the pnm library.

If the original is jpeg, the modified version should be recorded in some
lossless format (/not/ jpeg again), as each time you save as jpeg you lose
some degree of image-quality.  PNG is my personal choice, though there are
many alternatives.

Regards, John
--
John Palmer