Re: [LUG] bulk resize of photos - related to previouis post of licenses

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:57:37 +0100, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On a related note,  anyone got suggestions for how to bulk reduce a set
>of photos, to a smaller size, (as in actual file size) or what image
>format is good,  my camera saves to jpeg,  avg size is 2.9 mb,   I have
>uploaded some but they are quite large,  in size.
>
>on a related note any way of auto adding a watermark that says what
>license they are under, or perhaps use stenography to embed a message or
>perhaps even add something to the exif data, tags.  Even if this is my
>name,  and what license they are under,
>
>i am looking at gm (graphics magic), at the  moment,  command line would
>be prefered as its quicker,  and can be simply applied at the console
>without messing around with a gui,  which will take longer to simply
>open the right folder and highlight the files I want to manipulate,
>thats before I even start playing with the images.
>
>One alternative is to change the camera settings, however I like to take
>photos on the best quality,  however if I remember I can probably do
>this before games,  which means the command line too will be a back up
>plan in case I don't remember to change the settings.
>
>thanks again
>
>Paul

Most likely not what you are after, but gallery2 does all this on
the fly if you only need to display the images on a web page.
Although I disabled user registration and user comments on my
website to minimize spam problems.

e.g see http://morgad.co.uk/gallery2/main.php

best regards
Dave