Re: [LUG] Exeter Hospital Radio Fun Day

On Tuesday 14 August 2007 18:41, Rob Beard wrote:

> It's taking snapshots every second.  The size is currently 640x480
> (24-bit JPEG) although I may reduce the image size as the snapshots are
> anything between 80 and 120k and with the other stuff we have going over
> our WAN they take more than a second to upload.
>
> I've left the PC running doing a test, will be interesting to see if it
> fills the drive or not.
>
> Rob

Without connecting my Twinklecam (what a dreadful name!), I think the default
is 3something x 2 something - which may account for the poor quality and
larger size of your images. I also recall setting my config to use .png as
the file type. It is worth experimenting with the settings and frame rates -
although of course it will depend what you use the images for - a small image
is OK for webcam chat for instance, but not too great for display purposes.
I can turn on my main system and see what settings I use if it is of interest.
My main system uses the security camera I bought which plugs into a tv card -
that gives a pretty good image, but I tend to run it during the winter months
for watching fox activity. I do have the system set up for a webcam too, so I
can always get that working quickly - or I can plug the webcam into my
laptop - that is also set up for camming.

Mark