Re: [LUG] Scanner recommendations

Brad Rogers wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Like the subject says, I'm after recommendations for an A4 scanner.
> I've looked at the SANE project web site for ideas, but as most of the
> models listed with "complete" support are no longer manufactured,
I have an Epson GT-7000 (USB model).  As you say unfortunately no longer
manufactured but if you can find one on eBay I'd go for it as it worked
out of the box for me on every distro I've had.  Be careful if you do go
via ebay though as I can't guarantee SCSI models will work the same, and
besides you said you don't have a SCSI card.

On the whole though, Epson kit seems well supported in Linux - I have a
Photo R200 which works well also.

Kind regards,

Julian