Re: [LUG] Scanner recommendations

> */Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:
>
>     Hello All,
>
>     Like the subject says, I'm after recommendations for an A4 scanner.
>     I've looked at the SANE project web site for ideas, but as most of the
>     models listed with "complete" support are no longer manufactured, I'm
>     at a bit of a loss, so I'm turning to the list for help. I'd be
>     grateful for any recommendations of current machines that others have
>     had good results with.
>
>     The scanner won't be subject to heavy use (probably one or two scans a
>     month) and ideally, I'd avoid Canon because all the kit I've every
>     bought from them has packed up in less than two years. Budgetary
>     constraints mean a spend of less than £50, and I'd prefer new to s/h
>     (yeah I know; I want jam on it).
>
>     Parallel port connection isn't an option, as the parallel port is in
>     use. I have no SCSI card, which leaves me with USB. Hardly a problem
>     these days, given that parallel/SCSI connections, if available,
>     seem to
>     only come on machines out of my price range anyway. USB 1.x/2.0, it
>     doesn't matter to me.
>
>     The machine the scanner is going to be connected to is running Debian
>     Testing.

I have a mustek scanexpress 6000 p that i was given a while back (owner
didn't want it),  as i have a scanner / printer combo,  its going
spare,  and taking up space,  its also a parallel scanner.  so has a
through port.

according to this,  its supported under Linux

http://penguin-breeder.org/sane/mustek_pp/

if you are interested please e-mail me off list,   I am in Paignton,
Torbay,

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events

Lug Bar B Que
Sunday 19th August 2007