Re: [LUG] DCGLUG Branded OpenCD 7.04

On Monday 06 August 2007 18:41, Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've made some progress with the DCGLUG branded OpenCD this weekend.
> I've had an e-mail back from Chris who is the Project Lead for the
> OpenCD.  He said it sounds and looks good and he is interested to see
> how it goes.
>
> I also went down to Refresh Cartridges in Paignton on Saturday to get
> some cartridges.  I sent Chris Holgate who is the director of the
> company behind Refresh Cartridges an e-mail to ask if I could drop down
> some CDs for him to give away and he was also happy to oblige. :-)
>
> What gave me the idea of asking Chris at Refresh Cartridges if he would
> distribute some CDs is because he does web hosting on 'Stable Linux
> Servers for £24.95 a year so I figured he would know a bit about Linux.
>
> Now all I need is for some help on coming up with an 'About The Devon &
> Cornwall GNU/Linux User Group' page for this Open CD.
>
> Paul Sutton has come up with something for starters....
>
> We support the spirit and ethos of free and open source software
> community in relaxed non judgemental or discriminatory environment.
> Encourage new and experienced users alike to learn from each other, to
> produce better software for all.
>
> Can we build on this at all? (to make an even better about DCGLUG page?).
>
> Ta,
>
> Rob

That is good news Rob. If nobody comes up with anything, I will try to dream
up a little note - but for the next few days I am pretty much unavailable -
looking after the mother in law who has just had an operation (and lives in a
place with no internet).
Once the cds are finished, will you be putting the iso somewhere so we can
grab a copy and create some for distributing in our own localities?

Not managed to get to the reconstructor yet either - hopefully later this
week...

Mark