Re: [LUG] Help on Installation and Installation Guide

Mark Jose wrote:
> On Sunday 05 August 2007 12:30, Rob Beard wrote:

> For earlier versions of Ubuntu, there is the Uck tool (in the repositories I
> think, otherwise I have a link on my main box) which I have played with and
> found unsuccessful for me. I did actually build a custom cd manually without
> too much of a problem though.
> I may give the reconstructor thing you mention a go Rob - do you have a linky?
> It is quite interesting to fiddle with the cds - especially if you run the
> finished iso in a VM - saves on coasters if it fails to work!
>
> Mark

Yup, you can find out more about it here:
http://reconstructor.aperantis.com/

They do have a manual on their web site.  The reconstructor package is
actually in the repositories (not such which one as I have them all
enabled).

I'm going to have a play now.  I did try rebuilding an Ubuntu 6.06 CD a
while back but I couldn't get it to work properly, although that was
using the manual instructions on the Ubuntu forums.  I'm hoping that
this Reconstructor works better.

Rob