Re: [LUG] Debian Lenny Exim4 update problem

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:19:53PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:
> >
> > Question
> >
> > 1 : any idea how I can extract / create the latest debian lenny exim4
> > config file (I want to see again if I can repeat the problem)
>
> Aside from how to extract the information, sounds to me like what you
> really want is to build a test server. The great thing about PCs is the
> hardware is cheap.

Just back from holiday: the thought of more expense is creating grey(er) hairs :)

> > 2 : anyone else had this problem
>
> I don't do Exim on philosophical grounds.
>
> None of my email servers run Lenny for similar reasons.
>
> Or is this just your laptop sending emails with Exim?
>
> But if it is a just a case of misery loves company, default
> configuration files in new Debian packages are always giving me grief ;)

Desktop machine, the actual error message was something about a error in line 708.
Given however that I had amended the file manually, I was wondering whether I had
accidentally added a space or other character by accident. Hope to get round to
looking at it in more detail this afternoon

Given exim is the default on debian, for my continued education what programs do
others use for sending email?

--
Henry
Thu Aug  2 11:08:57 BST 2007