Re: [LUG] Debian Lenny Exim4 update problem

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:52:30 +0100
Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > .deb packages are just tar/gzip archives, so you'll have all the
> > relevant tools available to rip out the .conf file.
> True, but it isn't intuitive and you have to unpack the tar.gz AND

Hey, I never said it was easy.   :-)

When it comes to this sort of thing, I tend to give someone enough
information so they can get started.  There's still a bit of figuring
out to do, obviously.

I suppose you could say I'm a "teach someone to fish" man, rather than
a "give him a fish" type;  If you give someone a fish, you've given
them a meal.  If you teach them to fish, they can feed themselves for
the rest of their lives.  Not a perfect analogy, but you get the idea,
I'm sure.

Also, as a comparative newbie to Linux (less than four years), I'm
still learning a lot of things, myself.

--
 Regards  _

I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain
Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns 'N' Roses