Re: [LUG] ISP's again.

On Monday 30 July 2007 21:31, David Brook wrote:
> We have stuck with BtInternet  - they are not cheap - but over 10 years,
> (after the very early days when they were C**P) we have been well pleased.
>
> We just don't have issues - ever (if we did, we would switch).  This is
> what we need, no hassle, always available, fast enough broadband.  We
> cannot be fussed with switching ISPs all the time to save a couple of quid
> when BT just works.
I thought all adsl (wot comes down your phone line) is basically BT but who
you pay and complain to can change.
I believe anyone can be a provider and they get software that connects in to
BT for monitoring/enabling the eqpt etc.
BT will allow others to install eqpt in the exchange but I don't think anyone
on this list is likely to want to do that.
If you can get money off elsewhere you'll get the same equipment and service -
for BT to provide otherwise would be illegal!
Static IP may be a small problem - I guess these would be for sale in blocks
and a small provider may not want to buy a whole block if theres low demand
but then you could ask them...
Tom te tom te tom