Re: [LUG] exeter hospital meet

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi
>
> If i am right the next Linux event thing is at (or linked to) exeter
> hospital,   do we have any more info on this, e.g
>
> times of event

Okay, it is set to be on Saturday 11th August 2007.  It's not a meet
as such, I've asked if we could have a stand at the fun day.

The event starts at 11am, so ideally we could do with being there for
about 9 to 10am (so we have plenty of time to setup).  The location
will be on the grounds of the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital,
Heavitree, Gladstone Road, Exeter.

> anything required (I have lots of FOSS flyers printed off which could be
> handed out)

I was thinking a whole load of CDs with Ubuntu Live / Kubuntu Live /
Xubuntu Live and other 1 CD distros.  Also a few OpenCDs might be
useful.  Do they still include Ubuntu on them?

> I have some kubuntu cd's (thanks to Neil S),   any more we need to look
> into ordering some for a later event.

Yep, ordering some more would be good although I can't see a whole
load arriving before the event.

> On the subject of  cd's whats the situation regarding people having some
> to give away. ?

I'm going to bring some printable CDR's along, if my printer doesn't
work then I'll use CD labels which looks a bit more professional.  We
can burn some there and then.

The only issue I can forsee at the moment is the weather.  It's an
outdoor event without cover so if we have any computers out there we
will need to allow for quickly shutting them down and getting them
covered up.

Rob