Re: [LUG] microsoft writing their own suicide note -child protection

Julian Hall wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> As someone who works with children,  can anyone think of any child
>> protection issues that could arise from this,
>>
> 1.  Pupil photographs held on the web server (some schools do this)
> 2.  Pupil database, presumably including details of next-of-kin.
>
> All it needs is some enterprising paedophile to locate a child he/she
> likes the look of, identify that child's next of kin and pretend to be
> collecting them for that person, or just snatch them from their homes.
>
> Microsoft's latest boneheaded idea will mean if implemented that anyone
> able to fake running the relevant MS server will be able to access the
> required data.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Thanks,   We have about six weeks summer break,  perhaps as a group we
can put something together,  that looks at the technology and also
presents the risks, associated with this in the light of child protection.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Linuxbierwanderung - Torbay Mini Linux Beer Hike
28th / 29th July 2007
http://www.linuxbierwanderung.org/
Follow torbay mini LBW link.