Re: [LUG] microsoft writing their own suicide note

Simon Waters wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/18/microsoft_advertising_pc_patent/
>> they must be getting really desperate to even think of this
>
> Nah Google have been doing this for years, and it didn't do them any harm.

Unless I've missed something, google haven't been
stealing files from my computer in order to target
advertising at me through word processors, media
players and email clients.

Targetted advertising maybe old.  But microsoft
are obviously adding a new unsavoury twist to
a stolen idea as usual...

Anton