Re: [LUG] Spam increase

James Fidell wrote:

> I feed sa-learn regularly, but some of the latest ones just don't seem
> to be triggering the filters :(  Perhaps clearing the bayesian database
> and retraining would help.

I don't think I'd do that.  The database contains accumulated wisdom which
is still making useful discriminations for you and I wouldn't chuck that.
Keep training-up the database you've already got.

Myself, I feed /all/ messages identified as spam (whether by spamassassin
or by me) to sa-learn --spam, and all the messages I wanted to receive
(similarly) to sa-learn --ham.  I do this daily, or more often, and don't
throw away any received message till it's been through sa-learn at least
once.  The autolearned ones don't /have/ to go through this process, but I
find it's too much trouble to separate them.

You might also study the values you can adjust in
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs : but make changes singly and by small steps !

John
--
John Palmer
Preston near Weymouth, Dorset, England