Re: [LUG] Spam increase

Simon Waters wrote:

> The switch to PDF on stock spams means many content based filters are
> still catching up. This is another indication of the weakness of content
> filters to my mind.

Oddly, very few of those have made it through my filters, even without
the beta test SA anti-PDF spam stuff.

I think I agree with you that it's probably the type of spam that's
changed though, rather than the volume.  One of the ones that does seem
to make it through my filters at the moment has random subject lines and
a body of:

followed by a dozen or so random sentences.  They're not even trying to
push the shares now, presumably because it makes the filtering easier.

> PS: If you /dev/null email, you are filtering it wrong. We reject well
> over 99% of all incoming SMTP connections, without going anywhere near
> /dev/null.

True.  Much better to reject it at SMTP time if at all possible.

James