Re: [LUG] Rats

Rob Beard wrote:
> Brad Rogers wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:42:51 +0100
>> Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Rob,
>>

>>> I've had something along these lines, the 'official' response from
>>> one of the resellers for Enta was that it was an update that BT did
>>>
>> I get my service from Enta, too.  Via UKFSN, rather than the people you
>> use.  I wonder who Simon uses?
>>

>>> on the exchanges for ADSL Max although I also read that the problems
>>> with Enta were related to something to do with IPv6 crashing routers.
>>>
>> I know Enta are looking for people to test an IPv6 service.  The
>> catches being, you've got to have the right sort of kit (rare &
>> expensive), be technically savvy, and sign an NDA.
>>

>>> router) over the past two weeks with my Netgear DG845G on
>>>
>> NetGear DG834v2, as it happens.
>>

> I think mine is a DG834G v2 with the latest firmware.  Good to know it's
> not just me who's having problems.
>
> Rob

I don't know if this is connected but if not then it's a strange
coincidence - I've been over in Camelford today because my in-laws
Netgear DG834GT refuses to connect (BTInternet). I managed to connect
with a speedtouch 330 usb modem but the speeds are really poor.
Apparently it's been dodgy for the last few days with disconnects being
a common occurrence.

It sounds like BT are busy with its 21CN - they are advertising for a
load of 'engineers' at the mo'

Dave