Re: [LUG] Wirless LAN Problems

On 7/12/07, peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Robin
>
> Connected, thanks.  I am using a 64-bit WEP key.  My next problem is my
> lappy does not seem to like that!
>
> The rule here appears to be however to ignore the little applet thing on
> the screen, which still tells me I am not connected!  One I started
> playing with that everything scres up.

Yea i'm not really surprised, the drivers for that card are legacy and
obsolete and don't play nicely. Although a lot of good work has been
done to patch them up and keep them working they really need to go.
The replacement is upstream in the wireless-dev.git tree but we are
not scheduled for a merge to main line yet due to many blocking issues
prehapse we will hit 2.6.23 or 24. Unfortanutatly i'm not doing very
much to help with this as I have very little time to sit down and
debug drivers and the project really needs the extra hands to clean
these issues before kernel merge.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk