Re: [LUG] Samba is signing up for GPL v3

When it boils down to it its a bit of a non-event.
I'm not knocking the GPL3  or Samba but as I see it goes like this:
Samba: We're gpl3 know so we can make as many copies of the key as we like,
and if you modify the  code we use to handle the key you have to let us have
a copy of that.
M$: yeah but its our lock and we can change it when we want! And we can get
Novell or others to write code to make Linux work better with windows that
will never ever touch GPL or any other open licence.

I imagine they're quivering in their leather armchairs over this.
With the giggles!

Tom te tom te tom