Re: [LUG] hk-classes and knoda

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:50:13 +0100
Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you tried populating the depending on and masterfield fields  which you
> can use to tell Knoda the tables are linked and how - or possibly write a
> view or stored procedure to give you the details you want?
> Failing that we could meet up and have a play - off list?
> Tom te tom te tom

Yes, I have played around with the masterfields etc, but with no
success so far. I have thought about using a view, but I am talking
about a form which will be used for inputting data not just viewing.

Previously when I worked with Windows (I know, sorry) I used both
Access and mainly Paradox. Creating a form, you had to say which tables
were involved. So you set up the linked tables ready and then when you
came to work on the new form you found that all the fields from all the
tables were available. The links just kept them in sync, that was all.

I am finding this hard to do using knoda and hk-classes. I realise that
the methods will be a bit different but, as explained previously, I did
not get the results that I expected.

Perhaps we could meet up and have a go together. Great, I am always
ready to learn from the experts.

Neil